Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wk1 Free Post - AR Publishing/Leadership #1

About time I learned how to fly

Wk1 Free Blog post – AR Publishing and Leadership
Okay then, so I have to make a choice as to whether I want to present my action research as a paper or as a stand-up presentation. I have no idea! Paper sounds good but so does delivering it live to an audience. At least when you deliver it live you have a chance for a direct two-way dialogue to occur and you can explain or revise up until the point of delivery. You can also put your personality into the delivery gaining energy from the audience. I wonder how many of the great orators of our time would fall flat if their message was delivered on paper rather than directly to a live audience. To balance this out, I suppose there is also some protection in a written document for those who aren’t so good at a personal delivery as well.
A couple of weeks ago I contacted Dr. Larson of KSU, who is one of the leading authorities in the area of electronic books and their use in literacy programs (which is the thrust of my action research project), with some questions about things I had seen in my research and, to my surprise, she wrote back and asked to see my research paper so we can discuss it further.
I guess it looks as though the question of how I’m going to do this week 4 presentation is leaning more towards the literary than the live. I’m interested to see how this works out and where we can go to publish. I’m a bit nervous but very excited too.
Catch you soon
Peter

1 comment:

  1. How cool that Dr. Larson wants to check out your research... Perhaps there's an opportunity for a professional collaboration there?!?

    Having seen your final project for MTA, I know you are a great performer Peter and encourage you to take that energy and channel it into a presentation.

    ReplyDelete