Friday, May 20, 2011

Wk3 Comment#2 to Janene Neal


 Just be in that place
Original Comment by Janene Neal
I like to create a connection between my life and with whatever literature that I am currently reading. For instance, when I read Gone with the Wind, I was of course, Scarlett O'Hara, and with any of the True Blood series...just call me Sookie Stackhouse.
With this week's readings, I am not June from Chapter 6, but...I do like how Zander and Zander create this feel good connection with the reader. Here is what I gathered from each chapter.
Chapter 5- Leading From Any Chair
Letting my students shine and allowing them to show others what they know. I don't always have to be standing in front of the room teaching, I can have my students help each other.
Chapter 6 Rule
Rule number 6 is a great way to look at life in general. Of course everything that we do is important, but I think it is in our nature to “reach for the stars” and “do the best job". With all of the chaos and craziness in our life, why can’t we just slow down and take a deep breath? That we all should slow down every once in awhile and stop and smell the roses.
Chapter 7 The Way
If we can accept the way things are, then the life that surrounds us will be easier to accomplish.
Chapter 8 Giving Way
If we participate with our surrounds, we will be much happier with our surroundings. No one likes to be around a grouch. So having everyone participate will create happiness among everyone.
So basically accept the things that we have, keep a positive outlook on life, participate with our surroundings, and share the spotlight. Wow...that sounds like the lectures I got from dad every time I got in trouble.

Comment to Janene Neal

I too tend to get swallowed up by the books that I read, especially the ones that seem to talk to me on a personal level. I begin role-playing the situations the characters go through in my head and try to work out how I would have reacted in their situations. This book is no different. As a child I would be a big grump and pout about every situation I was in even though my parents tried to engage me constantly. At birthday parties I would hoard my sweets until everyone else was done and would then begin to eat them in front of the other kids just to annoy them. Looking back I wish I hadn’t been such a child. If I’d have had the good sense to understand the concepts of rule #6 and share my world with my contemporaries, who knows where I would be today. I like your last paragraph. It’s so perfect in its simplicity but that seems to be the truth of the book. It’s fairly straight forward, we just have to practice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment