Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Answergarden

I have to admit that when I saw this assignment and clicked on the go2web20 site I was initially overwhelmed by the pages and pages of Web 2.0 tools, however, being the kind of guy I am, I slowly passed over each one and noted down the descriptions given of likely candidates that might help me in a classroom setting. I was looking for ones that might be a bit quirky but finally came back (after spending some time playing a dozen or so math and logic games at Kidopo) to one on the first page called Answergarden. (http://answergarden.ch/)

This is a screenshot of the Quickstart page on AnswerGarden

The description of it said “plant a question/grow answers” so I thought it might have been some kind of shared notice board but I was pleasantly surprised to discover something so simple but quite powerful and totally useable in any classroom setting. It’s like a simple survey engine and Wordle rolled into one. You post a question (for school it might be the question of the day that students answer as they come in) and embed it in your blog or website and as people respond the answers start appearing below. People who answer later can click on another person’s answer from those already posted or come up with their own. You can see how many people agreed with each answer by just passing the cursor over that answer and it gives you the number straight away. You can limit the size of the answer (which is a lesson in itself for helping students be more succinct) or make it unlimited.
This looks like a great little tool for a million and one uses.
Try my question at the link below.

My AnswerGarden question

No comments:

Post a Comment