Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PE4_Google Docs-Forms


Hey there finger tappers,
So now it’s time to look at the next Google Doc – the form. This time I’m going to use Lynda.com to help in my pursuit of enlightenment. So I watched three videos on making Google forms, took notes and started to think about what I’m going to need for my AR project. I already have some classrooms that are willing to help but I want to know some things that are going on in the kids minds to help me focus on what I want to get out of this.

Once again I bring up Google Docs, head to the “Create New” tab and select Form.
Up pops the edit screen and now I need to think about what I want to ask in my survey.


Okay, I’m calling it “Elementary Student Reading Survey”. It’s a little wordy already so I’m going to have to make the questions a bit more friendly. I think some of that could be helped by what type of questions I ask too.
I want to know something about them to put it in context. Grade, gender, likes.
I find that, as I create each question, I’m tending more to select multiple-choice because I’d like to make sure it’s fairly simple to complete and not a major task.
I need to make this look a little more friendly for the kids so I’m going to change the theme.
Now I’ve made my initial Survey I want to email it to myself so that I know it works 


and I’ll embed it in my blog by choosing embed from the more actions tab at the top right of the window. Doing this has actually helped to solidify in my mind how I’m going to start cycle 1. I’m actually excited now. The cool thing is that I can view the results from the form in a spreadsheet or graphic summary and  use this to share with stakeholders and critical friends. Not a bad tool at all.
On to Drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment