Saturday, October 16, 2010

PE2_Google Docs-presentation

So, on to presentation. The one thing I remember about Google Docs presentation was that Cybergroup had some difficulty working with this. The reason was mostly artistic if I remember correctly. Words are one thing but when you start moving images around it can get a little out of hand. We didn’t have any trouble sharing it but it didn’t quite work out when we downloaded it. I think at that time we were leaning more towards Keynote because of its cool transition features.


This brings back memories!

Time to start one from scratch and see how it goes. 


15 themes to choose from and they don’t look too shabby.


Insert has all the needed things from text to video. It even has a cool little feature where you can make your own shape if it doesn’t have it one the menu. I’ve made a table too but where are the transition tools?


So this is where it looses steam. I suppose it would be okay to work on simple editing between a group of people sharing this but it doesn’t have the power to create anything with bling.
Let me see what happens when I import a Powerpoint presentation that already has transitions . Oops, it doesn’t load .pptx (or a Keynote file). I’ll resave as a .ppt and try again.


It loads but none of the transitions came across with it. So this tool is okay to do some limited slide editing but not anything major like transitions and automatic timing. I'm a little disappointed with this but it is what it is.
Next stop, the spreadsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment